Sunday, March 19, 2017

Quitting Smoking Is a Bitch

I've been a cigarette smoker since 1973, that's 44 years

it's a bitch

withdrawal, anxiety, and mostly... addiction substitution

I guess this makes my 24th attempt to be smoke free

In the previous 23 attempts over the past 30 odd years, when I quit one thing, I'd do more of some other related self destructive behavior

This attempt is made during my 60th year above ground on this planet

nicotine patches help the most.. walking 6000 steps a day helps a LOT as well

use of an ecig seems to be the best thing to do when the patches just don't seem to be enough

I keep telling myself: ad addict does not know how or is not comfortable "treating themselves with respect"



========== This article is for informational purposes only. Please contact a licensed professional in your area if you are in crisis or require mental health services

No comments:

How To Spot A Codependent

OR how to discover that you're codependent, a checklist A) codependents want chronic maladies, they want to have to "treat" ...