Sunday, June 22, 2003

A snippet from a sexual addiction mailing list I belong to

This is a response to my question about 'giving your addict a name',

===========
My addict is RJ. He is completely self centered, has 100% zero frustration
tolerance, and lots more I won't bother to type.

"A problem is a problem because it causes problems" Auth. UKN. But when it
is no longer a problem to us, the we don't see it any more. And we work on
the next thing that is a "problem". So we learn to find solutions to our
problems. And the problems disappear. Or else remain a problem. For me often
because I (or RJ can't see) can't see how "no pain means no gain" and I
settle for the low yield default setting of lust.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Bruce Jr [mailto:davidbrucejr@comcast.net]
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2003 12:12 AM
To: astarttorecovery@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [A Start to Recovery] dave in baltimore

===========
note to self:
find more stuff on the idea of naming your inner addict, it's a kind of
separate the sin from the sinner concept
more later

No comments:

How To Spot A Codependent

OR how to discover that you're codependent, a checklist A) codependents want chronic maladies, they want to have to "treat" ...